Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Red, white & jul

The current Jingle Belles challenge is to make a card based on the Scandinavian Christmas picture below:

 
 I used the triple stamping technique from a recent Splitcoast Stampers tutorial.
 
 

 
I like the triple stamping effect and it seemed to work very well with this very detailed Stampendous poinsettia stamp. This challenge also made me realize that I really like just red and white.
 
Being that I am descended from Swedes I tried very hard to come up with something that reflected my Swedish roots. But sadly, there are no stamps, dies or specialty papers of pickled herring, jello salad or covered dishes.

2 comments:

  1. ok, i think i'm gonna have to look up this "triple stamping" thingie, which of course will totally ruin my record as a "technique free zone" you realize that right?! but then... you make it look sooooooooooooooooo good i just cannot resist! ♥♥♥

    ps: NO PICKLED HERRING STAMPS??!?!?!? say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!! (my grandfather, who was hungarian, actually and not even a little bit scandinavian, LOVED pickled herring. to this day... i have no idea ***WHY***! sorry... i will just stick with the red & white then, and legos, and maybe some re-runs of wallendar at ikea?! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you executed that technique ... and what a perfect image to use ... absolutely stunning ... my grandfather at pickled pigs feet, but no herring ... although there were tons of jello salad and covered dishes ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete