Sunday, March 24, 2013

Going neutral!



The current Jingle Belles challenge is to make a card using only neutral colors. I never make cards using gray, but decided to give it go.  I think it looks quite a bit better in real life, on the computer it looks like a black and white photo. I went through several iterations and I think it would have looked better with a darker background but it just looked too grim when I tried that. The papers are all scrapbook paper, intended for a wedding scrapbook. Anyway, I'm on the fence on this but it was a fun one to play around with. The layout is inspired Unscripted Sketches sketch-it Saturday #203, displayed below my card.

 
US_Sketch203
 

6 comments:

  1. not only have you mastered the sketch BIGTIME, you have ♥ROCKED♥ the grey most awesomely! what a gorgeous card, totally proves that "neutral" does not ever have to be even the tiniest bit drab!!! well done! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! great job on this color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore it ... fabulous job flipping the sketch ... and the bow on your very awesome wreath is the perfect embellishment ... oh so very elegant my dear ... always glad when you join us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you flipped the sketch! A great card! Thank you for joining us at Unscripted Sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door....before someone sneaks in to steal this card!!!

    Oh My Gosh, the details are amazing, the colors are spectacular and the design principle is flawless! This is seriously spectacular right down to the sentiment label. You rocked this challenge in my books and I'm so glad that you chose our Unscripted Sketch to showcase this beauty! In awe of your creative ability :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! So clean, I love the wreath you created:) Thanks so much for playing my prompt at Jingle Belles! :)

    ReplyDelete