Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Resolution: Shape Up!

Talk about kismet! Or is it serendipity? The current Jingle Belles challenge is to make a card using any shape other than a square or rectangle and as of yesterday my employer launched a "shape up" campaign, where we're encouraged to join a team and set a fitness goal. I joined a team and, well, so far so good...one day down 30 to go!

I used the 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown technique challenge, emboss resist. First time using this technique and I will definitely be using it again.

Also am submitting this to Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - anything goes as long as it's Christmas


9 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card!!! LOVE all the great snowflakes you used--perfect for our technique! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love the colour you have chosen and those snowflakes. This is a fun technique isn't it?
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowflakes make a very festive wintery card! I love the blue sponging. Thanks for sharing your work with us at 52{C}CT! I hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful for my CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon - your link was wrong, but I managed to find you and will put it right x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't even express how much I like this card ... you can just put my name on it now :) I'm not sure what inks you used for your resist, but I adore the effect ... so pretty. Fabulous! job with your first try at this technique ... always glad to see you at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Cyndie - can't believe it's your first time trying the emboss resist technique - you did an amazing job! Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous, wintery card with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love the big snowflake die and the lovely background you've created! Can't believe it's your first attempt. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, absolutely stunning! This emboss reist technique has been too much of a challenge for myself so far - your creation is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wouldn't it be cool if shaping up ourselves was as easy as shaping up our cards?!?! but you seem to do BOTH quite effortlessly, not to mention knocking the ball out of the emboss/resist park!! love, love, love this missus! ♥

    ReplyDelete